Hey so I’m Ellen. I’m a 26 year old, Simpsons quoting, red lipstick wearing, history obsessed bookworm and zinester.
I’m currently Melbourne based, and my life goal is to essentially be the lesbian version of Elaine Benes and/or Linda Belcher. I also keep a free weekly zine called What Condition my Condition was in (formerly called Post Uni-Trance) which is worth checking out, and that you can grab in the free section at Sticky Institute.
Thank you so much for reading, I promise I’ll try to be interesting and amusing.
Bit of Thanks
- Thanks heaps Rachael Mack for designing me a beautiful logo & postcard
- Huge thanks to anyone who’s actually reading this blog, seriously it means the world to me the thought that people might enjoy this.
- Dedicated to every book which has inspired me or given me strength.
My Top Ten favourite Books (they’re in no particular order)
- One Hundred Years of Solitude – Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Just Kids – Patti Smith
- Lolita – Vladimir Nabokov
- In Cold Blood – Truman Capote
- Chelsea Girls – Eileen Myles
- As Consciousness is Harnessed to Flesh – Susan Sontag
- Chronicles: Volume One – Bob Dylan
- The Well of Loneliness – Radclyffe Hall
- The Master and Margarita – Mikhail Bulgakov
- High School – Tegan and Sara Quin